Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fanime Yugioh Tournaments!


Tourney 1(Single Elim)
R1:VS DRAGON VARIANT I played some scrub using a 60 card dragon deck. He tried to ritual summon from his deck... Needless to say, it was an easy 2-0.

R2: VS HEROES(Chroahcresta/Train Tatsumiya) Game 1 I lost due to opening complete trash and him poking me constantly with Stratos/Alius. He ended the duel by activating miracle fusion and I chained Solemn Judgment, but he had another. Game 2 I open TKRO and call of the haunted. I keep poking him for 1900 and Call it back when he draws an out. Pretty quick game. Game 3 I simply have the outs to his Shinings(Dimensional Prison/BTH). I eventually get my Inzektor loop and win.

R3: VS TECH GENUS(TG). I played against my friend this round, and eventually lost in a tie breaker. I open the loop game 1 and easily beat him down(sword combo). Game 2 I run into all of his trap cards like Skill Drain(I'm sad I don't side decree) and he eventually takes me down with Skill Drain/BKB/Call. Game 3 we go into time. I side in my Spirit Reapers and stall after poking him with a Dragonfly that was Veiler'd. However, he Synchro's for Brionac and bounces my Reaper, allowing him to attack for 2300. I attempt to kill it with Smashing Ground, but he chains Dark Bribe. He didn't attack me during his turn. During my turn, I destroy the Brio with Hornet, but he has Call of the Haunted. I kill it again the following turn and poke him several times, but eventually we go into a tie breaker(3 turns). I lose by 200 LP. :'( My friend moves on into the semi-finals and eventually takes third, losing to Chaos Dragons and some other deck that I am forgetting right now. He did beat Final Countdown in top 4 by drawing Solemn Judgment at the right time. His opponent never successfully activated Countdown(lol).

TOURNEY 2(Single Elim)
R1: Game 1 I lose due to shitty Card Trooper mills. I mill four times, and get all of my spells/traps/Dragonflies into the grave T_T. I eventually draw Hornet near the end of the game, but am too far behind to make a comeback. Game 2 I open Dimensional Fissure and he can't really do anything, so I easily take the game. Game 3, I should have won, but didn't. He gets out BLS like 3 times due to Call/Reborn shenanigans. He had Safe Zone, and I could have gone into an Adreus to win the game, but didn't have one(stupid me).

In the end, Day 2 of Fanime was pretty fun. Both tournaments were free entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment